This is Why You Should Choose a CPA vs. H&R Block
Certified Public Accountants have railed against H&R Block time and time again. Based on the education and training requirements that CPAs must undertake to be licensed, CPAs are generally better qualified to prepare your taxes than tax personnel who work for companies such as H&R Block. Best of all, CPA’s can provide superior services at a more competitive cost. Some of the benefits of hiring a CPA include:
- Insight from honest, skilled and competent tax professionals. CPAs have college degrees, are committed to continuing their professional education and are certified, licensed and regulated by state boards of accountancy.
- CPAs are required to pass a rigorous professional exam after completing their college education in order to be licensed by the states in which they practice. After they are licensed, mandatory continuing professional education requirements ensure that CPAs are current with regulatory and legal changes.
- As members of the AICPA and state CPA societies, CPAs are required to adhere to strict professional ethics standards. Additional ethics rules apply to CPAs who are tax practitioners.
- If the IRS raises a question about a tax return, only CPAs, attorneys and enrolled agents are authorized to represent taxpayers before the IRS.
- CPA tax professionals are often better aware of personal situations that may affect your finances, so the continuity of service you receive from a CPA may be an important factor to consider. CPAs are community-driven business people who will be there meet taxpayer needs year after year.